North Florida Area
Blountstown: Some of the amenities to Blountstown, all within a five minute drive, are as followed:
- Grocery stores: Harveys and Ramsey’s Piggly Wiggly
- Beautiful and well stocked Calhoun County Public Library
- Post Office
- Pizza Hut,
- Hungry Howies,
- Callahan (Steak),
- Parramores Too (The Best SEAFOOD you will ever eat!),
- Lindy’s Chicken,
- Burger King,
- Jobe’s (fried anything, pickles and more)
- Kentucky Fried Chicken,
- Connie's Kitchen (open breakfast and lunch only but they have some good ole’ home cooking),
- Minnie Lee’s (open for lunch only),
- The Lake House,
- Main Street Station Restaurant (serves a little of it all with an ice cream parlor area in it)
- Gas stations: two Chevrons, BP, Texaco, and two food mart gas stations
- Drugs Stores: Goldens and Rexall
- Auto parts stores: Advanced Auto, Napa, and Auto Zone
- Verizon Store
- Thrift Stores: Helping Hands and Ministry Center (both are very nice to look through)
- Hospital: Calhoun Liberty Hospital
- Two doctors clinics
- Four dentist clinics
- Calhoun County Chamber and Visitor Center
By the way, Blountstown is on Central Time. The Apalachicola River, which is about five miles away, splits the time zone. This makes life interesting scheduling work and personal events because you can loose or gain an hour by driving five miles! We consider ourselves to be one big family. So come and join our “Settlement Family.”
Marianna: Just a 20 minute drive to Marianna with more to see such as the Florida State Caverns. A must see during your stay. Marianna is where you will find much more such as a Wal-Mart, shoe stores, cell phone stores, more restaurants, Movie Theater.
Panama City: 55 minute drive to all the large town amenities, museums, and the famous World’s Most Beautiful Beach the Panama City Beach.
Tallahassee State Capital: 55 minute drive to all large town amenities, museums, and more.
Other attractions in the surrounding North Florida counties include:
Museum of Man in the Sea
Junior Museum of Bay County
Alger-Sullivan Historical Society
Perdido Bay Tribe
Pensacola Historical Society
Pensacola Junior College
University of West Florida Archaeology Institute
Florida Public Archaeology Network
Apalachicola Area Historical Society
Keith Cabin Foundation
Veterans Memorial Railroad Inc.
SANTA ROSA COUNTY
Gulf Breeze Historical Society
Gulf Islands National Seashore
Santa Rosa Historical Society
Bagdad Village Preservation Association, Inc.
Washington County Historical Society & Museum
Baker Block Museum
North Okaloosa Historical Association, Inc.
Okaloosa Walton College
Heritage Museum of Northwest Florida
Air Force Armament Museum
Friends of the Museum (HPCC)
City of Fort Walton Beach Heritage Park & Cultural Center
Destin History & Fishing Museum
Emerald Coast Archaeology Society
Florida Chautauqua Center, Inc.
Walton County Heritage Museum
Historic Point Washington Association
Florida Chautauqua Assembly, Inc.
Chautauqua Hall of Brotherhood Foundation, Inc.
Eden Gardens State Park
Grit & Grace